The Daily Record announces its 2012 Top 100 Women
Posted: 9:00 pm Thu, March 1, 2012
The Daily Record is proud to announce this year’s Top 100 Women. Since 1996, we’ve recognized more than 1,000 high-achieving Maryland women who are making an impact through their leadership, community service and mentoring.
The winners are selected by an outside panel of business leaders based on professional accomplishment, community involvement and commitment to mentoring.
The winners will be honored May 7 at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.
Here are this year’s winners (* denotes Circle of Excellence inductee)
– Christine Aspell, KPMG LLC
– Dawn Audia, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
– *Traci A. Barnett, Girl Scouts of Central Maryland
– Barbara Barrett Clapp, Clapp Communications
– Jennifer Bodensiek, Junior Achievement of Central Maryland Inc.
– Laurie Boyer, CEcD, Maryland Economic Development Association
– Michele Bresnick Walsh, Gordon Feinblatt LLC
– Jean Brune, Roland Park Country School
– Sharon V. Burrell, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland
– Kate Campbell Stevenson, Women: Back to the Future
–Mary Cina Chalawsky, The Law Offices of Peter G. Angelos PC
– Caroline D. Ciraolo, Rosenberg Martin Greenberg
– Margaret Conn Himelfarb, Maryland Stem Cell Commission
– *Veronica Cool, Wells Fargo
– Dr. Marcella A. Copes, Ph.D., Coppin State University School of Nursing
– Carol Coughlin, Bottom Line Growth Strategies
– Hon. Kathleen G. Cox, Circuit Court for Baltimore County
– Dr. Gail Cunningham, Osler Drive Emergency Physcians and St. Joseph Medical Center
– Sophie Dagenais, Annie E. Casey Foundation
– Diane D’Aiutolo Collins, Tydings & Rosenberg LLP
– Debra Marie Davis, Charles County Commissioner
– *Janine DiPaula Stevens, Vircity
– Gayle V. Economos, GVE Media/Public Relations LLC
– Councilmember Valerie Ervin, Montgomery County Council
– Vicki Finkelstein, W. R. Grace & Co.
– Kristin Franceschi, DLA Piper
– *Jan Gardner, U.S. Sen. Barbara Mikulski’s Office
– Jeanette Glose Partlow, Maryland Chemical Company Inc.
– Marci Gordon, Ballard Spahr LLP
– Phoebe A. Haddon, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
– Kristin P. Herber, Tydings & Rosenberg LLP
– Mary Jean Herron, Health Care for the Homeless
– Kathleen B. Hetherington, Howard Community College
– Hon. Cathy Hollenberg Serrette, Circuit Court for Prince George’s County
– *Betty J. Hines, Betty Hines Business Builder LLC
– Debbie Jacobs Rock, LIGHT Health and Wellness Comprehensive Services Inc.
– Karen Johnson Shaheed, Bowie State University
– *Dr. Carolyn Johnston, Wicomico County Board of Education
– Ann Karpoff Sober, Special Beginnings Birth & Women’s Center
– *Marcy K. Kolodny, Dyslexia Tutoring Program
– Cyd Lacanienta, InterGroup Services Inc.
– Lorene Lake, Chrysalis House
– Erica A. Leatham, Ballard Spahr LLP
– Jeanette Linder, MD, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
– *Dr. Leslie D. Mancuso, Jhpiego
– Cheryl Meadows, Salisbury Neighborhood Housing Service
– Catherine Meyers, Center for Children Inc.
– Vanessa Milio, Harford County Chamber of Commerce
– Monica Mitchell, Wells Fargo
– Delegate Heather Mizeur, Maryland General Assembly
– Sandy Monck, United Way of Central Maryland
– Paula Morris, Salisbury University/Kids of Honor
– Carla A. Nelson, The Nelson Ideation Group LLC
– Jonelle Ocloo, Murthy Law Firm
– Cheryl O’Donnell Guth, McGuireWoods LLP
– Bryn Parchman, Port Discovery Children’s Museum
– Tenyo Pearl, Coppin State University-Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
– Karen Pecora-Barbour, The Barbour Group LLC
– Trudy Perkins, Office of Congressman Elijah E. Cummings
– Sarah Pick, Institute for Genome Sciences at University of Maryland School of Medicine
– Marylin Pierre, Pierre & Associates
– Laura Pierson-Scheinberg, Miles & Stockbridge PC
– Mary Beth Pirolozzi, County United Way Inc.
– Judith Pratt Rossiter, St. Joseph Medical Center
– Katherine Rensin, Howard Community College
– Maria Pilar Rivera-Rodriguez, MPR Translations LLC
– Ginny Robertson, Ginny Robertson LLC
– Tamera Rush, STG Inc.
– Hannah Sassoon, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
– Rosa Scharf, Howard Bank
– Lisa Y. Settles, Hodes, Pessin & Katz PA
– Lila Shapiro-Cyr, Ballard Spahr LLP
– Molly Shattuck, Molly Shattuck Vibrant Living LLC
– Terry Sherman, Delmarva Trailer Sales and Rentals Inc.
– Leslie Simmons, Carroll Hospital Center
– Jeanne F. Singer, Law Offices of Jeanne F. Singer PA
– Karen Sitnick, Mayor’s Office of Employment Development
– Abbie Smith, EA Engineering, Science and Technology Inc.
– Kathy P. Smith, Calvert County Circuit Court
– Francie Spahn, Saul Ewing LLP
– Jennifer J. Stearman, McGuireWoods LLP
– *Hon. Lynn K. Stewart, Circuit Court for Baltimore City
– Bonnie Sullivan, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
– Kelly Sullivan, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of Annapolis
– Vanita M. Taylor, Office of the Public Defender
– Hollis Thomases, WebAdvantage
– Hon. Sheila R. Tillerson Adams, Circuit Court for Prince George’s County
– *Jenny J. Trostel, Norris Auto Group
– *Marie Van Deusen, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
– Lori A. Villegas, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
– Wendi Wagner Peters, Town of Mount Airy
– Dr. Crystal Watkins Johansson, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
– M. Courtney Watson, Howard County Council and Rossmann-Hurt-Hoffman
– Patricia Weaver, Paley, Rothman, Goldstein, Rosenberg, Eig & Cooper, Chtd.
– Joan Webb Scornaienchi, HC DrugFree
– Angela Whittaker-Pion, Miles & Stockbridge PC
– Anna M. Williams, SEED School of Maryland
– Margaret Williams, Maryland Family Network
– Linda S. Woolf, Goodell, DeVries, Leech & Dann LLP
– Alexandra Wrage, TRACE International Inc.