13 on list of potential judges for Baltimore City Circuit Court
Posted: 12:06 pm Fri, November 2, 2012
Daily Record Legal Affairs Writer
Gov. Martin O’Malley will mull over a list of 13 candidates for three vacancies on the Baltimore City Circuit Court.
The list, which the Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission for the city sent to the governor Thursday, adds nine candidates to the four who are already in the pool. The new additions are:
* Assistant Baltimore City State’s Attorney Charles M. Blomquist;
* Assistant Baltimore City State’s Attorney Antonio Gioia;
* Towson solo practitioner Michael Bryan Green;
* Baltimore City Circuit Court Special Master Andrea Forrester Kelly;
* Administrative Law Judge Nicole P. Klein;
* Maryland District Court Judge Christopher Louis Panos;
* Baltimore solo practitioner Melissa M. Phinn;
* Sharon Ann Snyder, a partner at Ober|Kaler in Baltimore;
* Assistant Maryland Attorney General Robert K. Taylor Jr.
The pool candidates are automatically on the list because their names had been sent to the governor’s desk for his consideration for a prior vacancy on the Baltimore court within the past two years. They are:
* Maryland District Court Judge Nathan Braverman;
* Assistant Maryland U.S. Attorney Philip S. Jackson;
* Julie R. Rubin, of Astrachan Gunst Thomas Rubin P.C.;
* Baltimore County Public Defender Donald E. Zaremba.
O’Malley is expected, but not required, to appoint from this list the successors to Judge George L. Russell III, who was elevated to the U.S. District Court in Baltimore, and Judges Gale E. Rasin and John P. Miller, who have retired.