O’Malley announces $25M for affordable housing
Posted: 1:47 pm Fri, January 11, 2013
ANNAPOLIS — Gov. Martin O’Malley says he is putting $25 million in the state’s capital budget for an initiative to help ease a shortage of affordable rental housing for working families, senior citizens and people with special needs.
The governor made the announcement on Friday about the “Rental Housing Works” initiative, which was launched last year.
The O’Malley administration says the investment will preserve 1,100 rental housing units and support 1,900 jobs.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.