Ever wanted to rent a general counsel?
An in-house attorney’s services for eight hours will cost $1,500.
The company’s model will not work for all start-up companies, like those embroiled in long-term litigation who need a more permanent attorney in-house. But others need legal help that can be accomplished in a day, like drawing up partnership agreements and sales contracts, making sure human resources policies follow the law and making a plan to negotiate a lease.
Here’s our question for you:
What do you think of this new company? Do you think its business model will be successful?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- Sirius XM’s general counsel is making the big bucks.
- Microsoft’s general counsel once helped catch a serial killer.
- A former associate White House Counsel has joined a Washington, D.C., firm.
- United Online has a new general counsel.
- Here are in-house counsel’s top client service firms.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRDanny.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.