General counsels are increasingly globally-oriented, according to an article in The Global Legal Post.
Because companies are relying on in-house legal departments more than outside counsel these days, general counsels need to concentrate on their company’s global operation, the article says.
This can include working on a company’s legal processes on a global scale and managing global spending, global business process and global collaboration.
Here’s our question for you:
In what ways is your job going global?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation named a new associate general counsel.
- Obama is close to choosing a new White House Counsel.
- More cities in Mississippi have been hiring in-house counsel to save money on outside legal fees.
- MasterCard appointed a new general counsel.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRDanny.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.