Quantcast
Don't Miss
Maryland’s “most dangerous” city might surprise you
A sign welcomes visitors to Ocean City Maryland. (The Daily Record/Maximilian Franz)

Maryland’s “most dangerous” city might surprise you

Hampstead is the safest and Ocean City the most dangerous place to live in Maryland, according real estate research website Movoto.

The website ranked the 10 safest places to live in Maryland based on the FBI’s 2012 state crime report. Movoto evaluated towns with a population of at least 5,000 residents and compared violent crime numbers, the amount of property crime and the odds of a resident being a victim of a crime.

The company weighted each category: violent crime represented 50 percent of the ranking; property crime represented 30 percent of the ranking; the likelihood of a resident being a victim of crime represented 20 percent.

The five safest places to live in Maryland:

  1. Hampstead
  2. Ocean Pines
  3. Thurmont
  4. Glenarden
  5. Taneytown

Ocean City took home the title as the most dangerous place to live with a one-in-five chance of being the victim of a crime. Elkton and Baltimore ranked second and third.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

 
Scroll To Top