The Daily Record is launching Real Estate Matters, an event honoring top achievers in the industry and offering informational sessions on the latest trends driving the profession.
The event will be held March 9 at the BWI Hilton. Universal Title is partnering with The Daily Record to offer the event and program.
“The Daily Record has been providing real estate news to professionals for 130 years,” said Daily Record Publisher Suzanne Fischer-Huettner. “We are proud to honor one of our core news beats by launching the Real Estate Matters event to identify real estate leaders in all five regions of Maryland and to bring real estate professionals together for a day of learning, networking and celebrating.”
Billy Apostolou, business development and sales director at Universal Title, said that Real Estate Matters will “recognize the best of the best within the real estate profession who help create the dream of home ownership for so many people.”
The event also provides attendees with “two incredible topics on growing an investor’s real estate portfolio and learning about what the millennial generation wants in home ownership goals,” Apostolou added.
Real estate agents and brokers from each of the state’s five regions will be honored in six different categories:
- The Good Neighbor Award recognizes individuals in real estate bettering the community through volunteer work.
- The Integrating Technology Award identifies real estate professionals who have successfully incorporated mainstream technology, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, into daily business.
- The Distinguished Real Estate Agent Award acknowledges those who have achieved a high level of success while mentoring others and involving themselves in community service.
- The Rising Star honors up-and-coming real estate professionals who are making an impact within their region.
- Broker/Owner of the Year celebrates the owner/broker who has made the biggest impact in leading his or her office in the community.
- Real Estate Agent of the Year salutes the overall work of the real estate professional who exemplifies the integrity of the profession on a daily basis.
A morning session will focus on investing fundamentals followed by a keynote speaker at lunch. In the afternoon, a seminar on the impact of millennials on the real estate business will precede the awards celebration and the cocktails and networking reception.
For more information – or to nominate a candidate for Real Estate Matters recognition – visit the event website.