Feb 6, 2013
By: Alexander Pyles
Here’s a few headlines this Wednesday morning:
- The Gazette reports that Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr.’s transportation plan could raise more money for the state than advertised.
- The Capital of Annapolis reports on the House of Delegates’ formal reprimand of Del. Tony McConkey, R-Anne Arundel, for his attempt to insert an amendment into a bill that would have directly benefited him.
- The Capital also reports on street closures in Annapolis Wednesday, made necessary by the visit of President Barack Obama.
- MarylandReporter.com reports lawmakers are considering a tax break for textbook purchases as a way to reduce the cost of college.
- The Baltimore Sun reports on a loophole in Maryland’s renewable energy policy.