Here’s a few government and politics headlines before the weekend:
- The Gazette reports that some counties aren’t thrilled with the idea of raising local taxes for transportation projects.
- The Capital of Annapolis reports on bills that could change how money from water pollution fines is spent.
- The Washington Post reports some lawmakers are trying to make the raven Maryland’s second state bird, after the oriole.
- Patch.com reports on the newest mini statue in the Senate chamber.
- The Baltimore Sun reports that some lawmakers are seeking to a close a campaign finance loophole often used by wealthy business owners.