Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Thursday:
- The Washington Post reports that a House of Delegates work group has been meeting in secret to discuss Gov. Martin O’Malley’s gun control legislation.
- The Frederick News-Post, meanwhile, reports on reform efforts by senators dismayed that, when thousands arrived in Annapolis, many were unable to testify on O’Malley’s gun bill in a Senate hearing last week.
- The Herald-Mail reports on a Western Maryland senator’s bill that would allow bow-hunters to carry handguns.
- MarylandReporter.com reports Senate committees will not start recording their voting sessions, despite a proposed rule change by a Howard County Republican.
- Patch.com reports on an uncommon campaign strategy being used by a pair of Baltimore County lawmakers.