Asked: Our weekly question to the In-House community
The United States Air Force’s general counsel has started a blog.
So far, employees in the Air Force’s legal department have written posts linking to news items on topics such as lawyers and cybersecurity, ethical concerns in the military and high profile military cases.
The blog Lawfare asked General Counsel Charles A. Blanchard about the venture into social media:
My hope is that my team will post about developments on legal issues important to our practice. Because I am a big believer that attorneys need to know their client, I also hope to post on developments in the Air Force, Department of Defense and about the larger strategic context As you might imagine, security and other constraints can be a challenge for a project of this type so we our original content will be limited. Nonetheless, I hope that we can point to provocative and interesting work by others.
So, here’s our question for you:
Do you blog as a general counsel? And, if so, how do you decide on the content to include in the blog?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- A deputy general counsel at Google flies the coop to Twitter.
- The Federal Trade Commission named a new general counsel.
- University of Michigan hired a U.S. Department of Energy attorney as its general counsel.
- An in-house counsel in Russia killed at least six people in an office shooting spree.
- A former University of Iowa general counsel continues to appeal his firing.
- The D.C. police department’s general counsel has asked for his own attorney in a case over a mass arrest of protesters.
- Corporate Counsel talked to the General Counsel of the London Olympics. Read the Q&A here and here.
- A campus attorney in Texas talks about helping students divorce.
- In-house counsels talk how to prepare for storms in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking in between? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi,@Steve_Lash, @TDRBeth
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.
Photo courtesy of United States Air Force