Nov 28, 2012 1
Asked: Our weekly question to the In-House community
The in-house community has been talking Black Friday this week.
In the wake of the protests by Wal-Mart employees on the nation’s biggest shopping day, in-house counsel should ask themselves how they would deal with this situation and its effect on their own company’s brand, according to an article in Corporate Counsel.
The employees group OUR Wal-Mart staged protests at the big box stores Friday, complaining of unfair labor practices.
As a general counsel, one employment lawyer said the best strategy is to be ever mindful protests like this could happen and to always keep the company’s board of directors in the loop on “hot button” issues among employees.
So, here’s our question for you:
If you were the general counsel at Wal-Mart how would you prepare for and deal with this situation?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- The general counsel for publisher McClatchy Co. talks news.
- Univision’s general counsel retired and the Spanish-language communications company named a replacement.
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry named his former general counsel (who later became his chief of staff) to the Texas Supreme Court.
- Abu Dhabi Media named a new general counsel.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking in between? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRBeth
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.