Dec 19, 2012
It’s all about staying out of trouble in this week’s In-House Interrogatory.
Corporate Counsel has a story with tips on how in-house counsel can avoid becoming targets of the U.S. Department of Justice.
The article says to be on the look out for risky transactions, make note of employee complaints, seek outside counsel in times of doubt and avoid going along with everything the company’s business team says and does.
So, here’s our question for you:
What are your tips for staying careful and avoiding sticky situations with the Department of Justice?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- Montana’s governor-elect named a chief legal counsel.
- U.S. Bancorp announced a new general counsel.
- General counsels are getting higher salaries, smaller bonuses.
- Rumors spread on who will be named the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s new general counsel.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking in between? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRBeth
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.