Feb 6, 2013
Companies could be at risk for cyberattacks. At least according to their general counsels.
A new survey by Consero Group found that 30 percent of general counsels believe their companies are not prepared for a potential cyberattack. And about 28 percent surveyed said there had been a cybersecurity breach at their company in the last year.
So here’s our question for you:
Has your company discussed cyberattacks? What role does a general counsel play in protecting against cybersecurity breaches?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- Washington, D.C.’s attorney general’s office defended its use of outside counsel in a wrongful arrest case.
- Clearing House hired a new senior associate general counsel.
- Barclays’ general counsel resigned in the wake of scandal.
- Lessons for GC’s from Abraham Lincoln.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRBeth.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.