The Real Estate Matters awards celebration recognizes the elite real estate agents in Maryland who are transforming the state.
The day will include a morning session focused on investing, keynote speakers over lunch, and an afternoon session focused on the effect of millennials on the real estate business and trends prior to the awards celebration.
10:00 – 10:30 a.m. Registration
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Topic #1: Investing in Today’s Maryland Real Estate Market
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Keynote: Creig Northrop, President & Chief Executive Officer, Northrop Realty, A Long & Foster Company
Creig Northrop will discuss how a family-owned and operated business, three generations strong, was awarded as the #1 team in the nation* three times. Mr. Northrop will also provide insight on why the vision to take Creig Northrop Team to Northrop Realty, A Long & Foster Company and full-service brokerage, works in 2018 under the culture built for the last 18 years. As an agent in an ever-progressive field, it’s important to remain grounded. Mr. Northrop will emphasize from his experience why it is important to invest in the community, how to do so with intention and how that can impact your career.
*As ranked by REAL Trends and published in The Wall Street Journal, 2010, 2011 and 2017.
3:00 – 3:30 p.m. Cocktail reception
3:45 Awards celebration
Award Category Descriptions:
- The Good Neighbor Award recognizes individuals in real estate bettering the community through volunteer work.
- The Integrating Technology Award identifies real estate professionals who have successfully incorporated mainstream technology such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. into daily business.
- The Distinguished Real Estate Agent Award recipients have achieved a high level of success while mentoring others and involving themselves in community service.
- The Rising Star honors up and coming real estate individuals who are making an impact within their region.
- Broker/Owner of the Year celebrates the owner/broker who has made the biggest impact in leading their office in the community.
- Real Estate Agent of the Year salutes the overall work of the real estate professional who exemplifies the integrity of the profession on a daily basis.