The Daily Record’s Women’s Leadership Summit will convene Top 100 Women, Leading Women and Maryland’s network of women professionals to learn about important topics facing women in business today, give back to the community and create mentoring relationships.
The Daily Record’s Leadership Summit features a powerhouse agenda of leadership activities and focuses on advancing community involvement.
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
7:30 — 11:30 a.m.
Keynote Speaker Deborah Phelps
Contributing to a Brighter Future
Executive Director of the Education Foundation of the Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc., Deborah is a motivational speaker, author and widely recognized as an innovative, energetic and talented leader.
She is a 2014 recipient of the Top 100 Women award.
University of Maryland, Baltimore
SMC Campus Center
621 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21202
Parking: 100 E. Pratt St. or 120 Penn St.
- Are you ready for your seat at The Table?: Leadership preparedness for accessing highly visible boards and senior management positions
- Moderator: Karen Bond – Executive Director at Boys Hope Girls Hope Baltimore, Executive Alliance-President Elect
- Community engagement: When Baltimore City succeeds, the entire region thrives. Learn about three innovative community-engagement approaches to tackling some of Baltimore’s most pressing challenges, how these approaches can be replicated around the state, and how you can get involved.
- Bronwyn Mayden, MSW – Assistant Dean, Continuing Professional Education, University of Maryland, Baltimore; Executive Director, Promise Heights, University of Maryland School of Social Work
- Robin Saunders, Ed.D. – Executive Director, UMB CURE Scholars Program, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Ashley R. Valis, MSW – Executive Director, Community Initiatives and Engagement, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Creating an adaptive workforce to enable innovation and entrepreneurship for today’s fast changing times.
- Moderator: Hollis Thomases – Founder, ReinventionWorks
- Secure your own mask first, before helping others- Join a conversation about the importance of caring for yourself before you can successfully lead others. The panel will touch on distractions, how to promote self attention, the importance of self-regulation and how women can accomplish their goals and become leaders.
To learn more about sponsorship or participating in the nonprofit fair,
contact Haley Poling at 443-524-8161