Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Carbon monoxide leak prompts evacuation of Baltimore child care center

A Baltimore fire spokesman says no one was injured by a carbon monoxide leak that prompted the evacuation of a child care center.

Fire spokesman Kevin Cartwright says the Pleasant View Gardens Child Care Center was evacuated Friday after the administrator heard carbon monoxide detectors activate. Cartwright said 36 students and 12 teachers and staff were evacuated to another building.

The fire spokesman said none of the occupants showed any symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure, although five students were taken to a nearby hospital as a precaution.