PIKESVILLE — Police have identified two men who died after a release of carbon monoxide in a Pikesville home.
The victims were 27-year-old Enael Garcia Lemus and 26-year-old Nelvy Arodain Salguero. Their bodies were found Sunday morning in a basement bedroom of the home. The state medical examiner is conducting autopsies to confirm the cause of death.
Eight other occupants of the home were sickened by carbon monoxide, as were three police officers. Baltimore County police say officers were told that the residents had been having trouble with the furnace.
Carbon monoxide was measured in the home at 400 parts per million, more than 11 times the level that causes CO detectors to sound.