You may be back on the job this Monday, but at least 1,000 legal types lost their jobs in May. So much for all that optimism in April. With that, let’s check out some law links, shall we?
- Prince George’s County lawyer and power broker Peter O’Malley III died last week. O’Malley, who was not a relative of the governor, paved the way for sports complexes built by the late Abe Pollin and was heavily involved in Democratic politics.
- Are Baltimore City’s towing companies too aggressive?
- David Ball, the “dean of damages” says there’s only one surefire tool to use when cross-examining experts.
- New male partners outnumbered new female partners 2-to-1 this year.
- Make sure you get your fair say in court.
- A former assistant football coach at USC says the NCAA defamed him and destroyed his career in its investigation into Reggie Bush.