Nine months ago, The Daily Record created an interactive map that showed images of construction along the track where the Baltimore will host its first-ever Grand Prix race Labor Day weekend 2011.
By February, much of the construction had cleared up and congestion in the area had lessened; however, in the final months before the Grand Prix, those who drive through downtown are, again, seeing plenty of orange.
Click on the traffic cones on the map to see the construction as it was in February, and click on the arrows to see how the same section of street appears in May. And don’t forget to click on “animate track.”
The Daily Record’s Baltimore Grand Prix previous coverage:
- Conway Street to be closed for two weeks
- Interactive: Grand Prix construction six months later (February)
- Interactive: Grand Prix construction impedes downtown traffic (August)
- Slideshow: Le Mans press conference held at Inner Harbor
- Le Mans Series race added to Grand Prix
- Editorial: Long way to finish line
- Baltimore Grand Prix will now be Labor Day weekend