So many questions come to mind after reading about Wendy’s rolling out a new hamburger after 42 years. Such as:
– A pickle chemist? Where do I sign up?
– No mustard on a hamburger? Wendy’s says it’s to “emphasize the flavor of the beef.” I say a dollop of mustard never hurt anything.
– There was seriously consideration of using green-leaf lettuce? I’m glad the company came to its sense on that one.
– Why do crinkle-cut foods (like the pickles on the new hamburger) usually taste better than regular-cut foods?
– “Wendy’s director of hamburgers”? Where do I sign up?
– How nauseatingly-tempting does a “cross-country burger-eating tour” sound?
– Will consumers spend $3.49 on a quarter-pound burger they could get cheaper at one of Wendy’s rivals?
– Anyone else have a hankering all of the sudden for a Frosty?
(AP Photo/Paul Vernon)