Happy Tuesday and happy 2012! Here are some tidbits to chew on while you start figuring out exactly when you’ll be taking your vacation days during the next 12 months. (And no use saving them, what with the world ending before we get to 2013.)
- On a somber note, the Baltimore Crime blog has a list of the city’s 196 murder victims in 2011
- Here’s something Republican candidates for president agree on — they want to be on Virginia’s primary ballot (HT: Above the Law)
- Who, exactly, is “the press” that is protected by the First Amendment?
- An open letter to USAA
- A breakdown of Chief Justice Roberts’ discussion of judicial ethics in his year-end report
- Quote of the day: “Mr. Madoff should have taken me, and I’m proud to say this, as an example as to what you do when you want to do the right thing.” (HT: The Wall Street Journal’s Law Blog)