Who knows what’s in store for the future of gambling in Maryland. The present is coming into clearer focus, though.
The Daily Record and others reported that the license for a slots casino at Rocky Gap Lodge and Golf Resort in Allegany County was awarded by the state slots commission on Thursday.
Here’s a few other headlines this morning:
- The Gazette ponders whether transportation funding will come up in a special legislative session this summer.
- MarylandReporter.com reports that Republicans have a different definition for the “doomsday” budget.
- The Aegis reports that a Harford County senator believes a special session will convene on May 14.
- The Washington Examiner reported that Metro rail fares will go up 5 percent across the board.
- The Washington Post reported that special sessions raise questions about the rules that govern lawmakers’ fundraising events.