It’s all about gossip this week on the In-House Interrogatory blog.
An in-house columnist at Above the Law wrote a column about office gossip and how to deal with it as a general counsel. She said she experiences much less rumor-spreading and behind-the-back whispering in-house than she did while working at a law firm. The writer says in-house lawyers should concentrate on their conflict-resolution skills in office gossip situations.
So, here’s our question for you:
As a general counsel how do you deal with office gossip? Do you at all? Do you think you deal with it more as an in-house counsel or while working at a law firm?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- There are more women in the top legal positions at Fortune 500 companies.
- Yahoo! named a company veteran to its general counsel post.
- Church’s Chicken named a new general counsel.
- The former general counsel for the New England Patriots was in the running for the Big East commissioner job.
- News Corp.’s general counsel will lead an anti-corruption inquiry in light of the company’s phone-hacking scandal.
- A Canadian survey of in-house counsels found three-quarters of in-house counsels are happy with their work-life balance. The same survey, however, found female general counsels are paid less than men.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. named General Mills Inc.’s general counsel to its board of directors.
- The former general counsel for the New York State Thruway will spend eight years in prison for stealing from employees.
- TD Bank’s general counsel was sanctioned by a judge in a Ponzi scheme case.
- To get more in-house counsel news, sign up for our FREE monthly email newsletter, In-House Counsel. The newsletter is a compilation of The Daily Record’s coverage of in-house counsel news as well as job listings, movements within the industry and other resources. Click here to sign up today.
- Follow us on Twitter for the In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking in between? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @BenMook, @Steve_Lash
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.