A few government and politics headlines for Friday:
- The Gazette reports that state lawmakers in rural areas are targeting transportation and energy issues for discussion in the 2013 General Assembly.
- The Annapolis Capital reports supporters of Maryland’s same-sex marriage law raised double the amount of money compared to opponents prior to Election Day.
- MarylandReporter.com advances this weekend’s Maryland Republican Convention.
- The Washington Post reports on a legal hurdle cleared for gay couples who want to marry in Maryland.
- The Baltimore Sun reports Gov. Martin O’Malley is asking President Barack Obama to continue his support of renewable energy incentives.