Gambling expansion cleared another regulatory hurdle yesterday, and casinos will start operating 24 hours a day, just in time for the holidays.
Here’s a few other government and politics headlines:
- The Gazette reports state lawmakers are hoping for a more peaceful 2013.
- The Annapolis Capital reports that owners of Maryland Live Casino at Arundel Mills mall have interceded in a lawsuit challenging voters’ approval of Question 7 on Election Day.
- MarylandReporter.com reports that legislators are seeking a deficit cut and 4 percent budget hike in the 2013 General Assembly, buoyed by yesterday’s good news on tax revenue projections.
- The Washington Post reports Baltimore’s archbishop will support efforts to repeal the death penalty in Maryland.
- The Herald-Mail reports that plans for a partially state-funded downtown Hagerstown stadium have been suspended.