Asked: Our weekly question to the In-House community
Today we are taking a tip from down under.
A legal publication in Australia wrote an article discussing how companies measure the value of an in-house legal department. According to the story, many in-house attorneys said it was hard to quantify the value of of their departments.
The group of Australian attorneys suggested “linking legal expenditure to capital efficiency metrics, or quantifying the amount saved on external legal spend through a blended rate calculation.”
So here’s our question for you:
How do your companies measure your department’s value? What is the best method?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- A look into life as Hooters’ general counsel.
- The Cleveland Browns hired the Jacksonville Jaguar’s general counsel.
- An officer from the government’s Office of Management and Budget is taking over as Georgetown University’s general counsel.
- Apple’s general counsel joined Vail Resorts Inc.’s board of directors.
- Connecticut’s governor named a new general counsel.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking in between? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRBeth.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.