Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Friday morning:
- The Gazette reports on a number of election-related bills being considered by lawmakers this year.
- The Daily Record and others report on Gov. Martin O’Malley’s testimony on death penalty repeal legislation.
- The Daily Record also reports that compromise legislation to change a court ruling on pit bulls advanced in the House of Delegates.
- The Frederick News-Post reports that Frederick County and the state have reached a compromise on Maryland’s septics law, which prevents some rural development.
- Patch.com reports on government transparency rule changes that were shot down by the state Senate.