IBM’s general counsel Robert Weber is saying he has a list of 10 law firms and 10 attorneys he refuses to hire as outside counsel. He calls it “The List.”
Weber’s turn-offs include: attorneys who ask executives at the company for legal work; firms that violate professional ethics; and firms who send cold pitch letters when a corporation is sued.
What are deal-breakers for your legal department when seeking outside counsel?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- Johns Hopkins University named a new general counsel.
- The W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s new GC talked about her first month on the job.
- General counsels talked about work-life balance.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRBeth.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.