Asked: Our weekly question to the In-House community
Or they are at least according to a new survey by Greentarget, Zeughauser Group and Inside Counsel. Social media use among in-house counsels is up, with 67 percent of those surveyed saying they’d used social media in the last 24 hours or past week as part of their jobs.
But 74 percent of those general counsels are in stealth mode, only watching and reading social media and not participating in online dialogue.
How do you use social media? Are you in “listen-only” mode while online?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- Mining company BHP Billiton Ltd. has named a new general counsel.
- Data provider Infogroup has also appointed a new GC.
- A Massachusetts corporate attorney was suspended for six months for practicing with a suspended license.
- Sidley Austin brought in Man Group’s outgoing general counsel to help run its London investment funds group.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission hired White House attorney Anne Small.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash, @TDRBeth.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.