Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Friday:
- The Washington Post reports Lt. Gov. Anthony G. Brown is readying for a campaign tour following his expected announcement on May 10 that he will run for governor.
- The Daily Record reports on a new law that should remove roadblocks for the $84 million InvestMaryland program.
- MarylandReporter.com reports Del. Guy Guzzone will not run for Howard County Executive — but Del. Steve Schuh will.
- The Gazette reports that some county executives are OK with the “rain tax.”
- The Daily Record reports former Del. Tiffany T. Alston has been disbarred.
- The Baltimore Sun reports that, with same-sex marriage now legal in Maryland, unmarried gay couples will no longer receive state benefits.