Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Thursday:
- The Washington Post reports Senate Majority Leader Robert A. Garagiola of Montgomery County plans to give up his Senate seat this fall.
- The Baltimore Sun reports Maryland politicians briefly united to honor the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens at the White House on Wednesday.
- The Herald-Mail reports Lt. Gov. Anthony G. Brown — who is running for governor in 2014 — spoke in Hagerstown on Wednesday about the value of public-private partnerships.
- The Daily Record reports on Del. Ronald A. George’s platform as a Republican candidate for governor.
- The Annapolis Capital reports on candidates for elected office in Anne Arundel County.
- The Frederick News-Post reports on one commissioner’s ties to a nonprofit that has filed numerous lawsuits against the county.