Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Tuesday:
- The Washington Post reports Appointments Secretary Jeanne D. Hitchcock will replace Stacy Mayer as Gov. Martin O’Malley’s chief lobbyist.
- The Daily Record reports on $650 million earmarked for transportation projects in Prince George’s County.
- MarylandReporter.com reports Sen. Allan Kittleman, a Republican running for Howard County executive, must earn the votes of Democrats in the county to win.
- The Frederick News-Post reports Frederick County will not seek to further privatize county government operations.
- The Baltimore Sun reports U.S. Sen. Barbara A. Mikulski (D-Md.) joined with the National Institutes of Health and Johns Hopkins hospital and medical school on Monday to call for restoration of $1.5 billion in NIH cuts brought on by the sequester.