Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Friday:
- Patch.com reports a pair of Baltimore County Republicans have been appointed members of the House of Delegates’ Republican leadership team.
- The Gazette reports as state prosecutors and lawmakers hail Maryland’s gun and self defense laws.
- The Cecil Times reports how Cecil County is spending it’s share of casino money.
- The Daily Record opines on the U.S. Senate’s confirmation of Tom Perez, now secretary of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- The Daily Record reports that local gambling ordinances are a potential nightmare for state regulators.
- MarylandReporter.com reports U.S. Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.) has joined a bipartisan group called “No Labels,” which states its goal is to “make Congress work.”