The numbers are in.
The top-paid general counsel in the United States last year was Brackett Denniston III of General Electric, who earned a salary of $10.9 million.
The country’s other top-earning GCs came from CBS, Bank of America and Time Warner.
There is good news all around for in-house counsel. The survey by Corporate Counsel found that the average salary for general counsels was up 7 percent, to a high of $1,853,671. Average bonuses were also up 50 percent.
So here’s our question for you:
Does this year’s survey reflect earnings at your company?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- Abercrombie & Fitch’s general counsel is leaving.
- Things are heating up for the IRS’ attorneys.
- The general counsel at the Patent and Trademark Office is going into private practice.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.