Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Friday:
- The Baltimore Sun reports guns were recently released to people with criminal histories because of significant delays in background checks brought on by a high volume of applications, brought on in part by the state’s new gun control legislation.
- The Frederick-News Post reports on a Frederick County delegates’ campaign against voter fraud.
- The Washington Post reports Del. Heather R. Mizeur will leave politics if she is not elected governor of Maryland in 2014.
- The Daily Record reports on a federal lawsuit that could impact coal exports at the Port of Baltimore.
- The Annapolis Capital reports two Anne Arundel County delegates are trying again to overturn the county’s storm water fees.