Everyone makes mistakes.
Corporate Counsel details the top five mistakes made by new in-house counsel. Here is their list:
1. Placing policy audits before business.
2. Overlooking a dispute resolution plan.
3. Talking trash about an opponent.
4. Trampling on an IT forensics crime scene when searching employee computers.
5. Changing the reason for an employee’s termination if a lawsuit is filed.
Here’s our question for you:
Do you agree with this list? Do you think any advice should be added to it?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- President Barack Obama announced his nominations for the Energy Department’s general counsel and the National Labor Relations Board’s general counsel.
- Real estate website Zillow has named its GC to its COO position.
- NBA China’s general counsel is moving to a private firm in Beijing.
- Maine’s governor named a new chief legal counsel.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.