Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Friday:
- The Washington Post reports Republican businessman Charles Lollar will launch his campaign for governor in September.
- The Daily Record reports on the end of a 15-year streak for the Maryland lottery.
- The Annapolis Capital reports on a new group that is trying to increase voter turnout in in Annapolis.
- The Baltimore Sun reports on Baltimore City Councilman Carl Stokes’ continued opposition to public financing for the proposed Harbor Point project.
- The Frederick News-Post reports on four Frederick County commissioners’ support of county sheriff’s deputies, whose actions have drawn attention recently from at least one gubernatorial hopeful.