Patricia M.C. Brown, senior vice president of Johns Hopkins Medicine and president of Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC, has been appointed chairwoman of the United Way of Central Maryland’s Board of Directors.
Brown has served on United Way of Central Maryland’s board of directors since 2006 and has been an active member of the organization’s Women’s Leadership Council and Tocqueville Society since 2001. Brown’s tenure as chair follows that of John Cammack, managing partner of Cammack Associates, who began his two-year term as chair of UWCM’s board of directors in 2011. James Wheeler, President of Ayers Saint Gross, will serve as vice-chair of the board, working closely with Brown.
New members of UWCM’s board of directors include Donald G. Kohlhafer, senior vice president and senior client manager, Bank of America; Patricia McHugh Lambert, Esq., principal, Pessin Katz Law, P.A.; and Jennifer N. Lockhart, RN, MSN, MBA,practice administrator-OB/GYN, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians. Each new member will serve a three-year term.
United Way of Central Maryland is focused on helping low-income central Maryland residents move toward self-sufficiency through initiatives focused on education, income and health. The organization’s governing board of directors is responsible for UWCM’s strategic direction and results, while the local community partnership boards help the organization identify and address the needs of the community at a local level. Community partnership board members take the lead in local grant funding decision-making and help raise awareness about UWCM’s programs in the county.
Anne Arundel County Community Partnership Board new members include:
• Etienne Cambon, Maryland market director/senior vice president, Maryland commercial banking, Wells Fargo Bank
• Patricia Richardson, publisher, Capital Gazette Newspapers and Carroll County Times
Baltimore City Community Partnership Board new members include:
• Benjamin Jordan, vice president – ABS business development, Wells Fargo Bank
• Jonathan Rondeau, president and CEO, Family League of Baltimore
• Lori A. Villegas, first vice president, investments, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Baltimore County Community Partnership Board new members include:
• Stephanie L. House, chief operating officer, Department of Health and Human Services
• Sheldon Caplis, regional director, North America Community Development, Citi Community Development
• Denise A. Smith, major gifts officer, Morgan State University
• Elizabeth Glenn, deputy director, Baltimore County Government Department of Planning
Harford County Community Partnership Board new members include:
• Joe Desmond (chairman), owner, JD Consulting, LLC
• Bill Tiger, plant manager, GM Baltimore Operations
• Keith Warner, education and training manager, Harford County Sheriff’s Office
Howard County Community Partnership Board new members include:
• Karen Butler, director, Howard County Department of Social Services
• Darren Easton, vice president and Creative Director, The Cyphers Agency
• Nancy Briguglio, CLU, ChFC, MSM, founding partner, Brightworks Wealth Management
• Raj Kudchadkar, Esq., deputy director, Howard County BRAC
• Edward Meister, sales and marketing manager, vice president, Maryland Region, Wells Fargo
• Carrie Schreiber, vice president, business deposit officer, BB&T
• Cathy Yost, owner, The Business Monthly and Maryland Entrepreneur Quarterly
• Katherine Schulze, vice president, associate general counsel, Transamerica Life Insurance Company