- The Baltimore Sun reports on crews mapping the sea floor off Maryland’s coast, where offshore wind turbines could one day be installed.
- MarylandReporter.com reports Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. thinks a Democrat can win the seat of Sen. Allan Kittleman, a Republican running to be Howard County Executive.
- The Washington Post reports on endorsements picked up by Sen. Brian E. Frosh in his bid to become Maryland attorney general.
- The Herald-Mail reports on Washington County officials’ reaction to Comptroller Peter Franchot’s desire to move the first day of school past Labor Day.
- The Frederick News-Post continues its series of profiles on candidates for elected office in Frederick.
Eye Opener: Researching Maryland’s offshore future