Here’s a few government and politics headlines for Friday:
- The Cecil Whig and MarylandReporter.com both report on the race to succeed E.J. Pipkin in the Maryland Senate.
- The Daily Record reports on an “unfair” component of Maryland’s campaign finance law.
- The Baltimore Sun reports a Baltimore County lawmaker wants Maryland to have a “stand your ground” law.
- The Frederick News-Post reports on a Frederick County taxi voucher program that would expand transit options in the county.
- The Gazette reports new transportation money generated by an increased gas tax is expected to be spent equally on transit and roads.