A lawyer is never done learning. And as the kids go back to school in the next few weeks, an article in Corporate Counsel recommends some ways general counsels can hit the books as well.
The article says legal departments should create their own professional development curriculum for in-house counsel staff. And its better if the curriculum is not just generic, continuing legal education but focuses on the company’s strategy and goals.
Here’s our question for you:
How do you structure education for your legal department and what topics do you focus on?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- The Girl Scouts of America hired its first general counsel.
- The Financial Times named a new general counsel.
- A JP Morgan attorney will be the new GC at Union Bank.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.