General counsels are getting strategic.
In-house counsel say they are playing a bigger role in their companies’ commercial strategy, according to a survey by The Global Legal Post.
About 90 percent reported offering more commercial advice to the corporation and 68 percent of corporate counsels said they help more with commercial strategy compared to five years ago.
Here’s our question for you:
Have you experienced a bigger role in your company’s commercial strategy?
Leave a comment below or email me.
Need to Know:
- The University of Minnesota’s new GC will serve only two years after its previous GC left for The Johns Hopkins University earlier this year.
- The Massachusetts Port Authority named a new chief legal counsel.
- Chinese corporations are increasingly relying on their in-house legal department.
- The IRS’ chief counsel will testify before Congress about the agency targetting conservative organizations.
Follow us on Twitter for In-House news and discussion: @TDRInHouse
- Want the latest on who’s been hired, fired or moving and shaking? Head to our Movers and Shakers page to find out.
- For networking events and other happenings this week in Maryland, check out our calendar of events.
- Get the very latest updates from our law reporters on Twitter: @TDRKristi, @Steve_Lash.
- Check out The Daily Record on Facebook.