Each month, Path to Excellence will feature a column on business fashion and trends. If you have a question or topic you would like to see addressed, or if you would like to share your expertise on this topic, please email Erin Cunningham at email@example.com.
Fashion trends to fall in love with
Despite the heat and humidity, it is not too soon to begin thinking about what you will wear this fall.
I love wearing my summer fashions and sandals, but when the cold weather comes, I want to be ready with a fresh new look!
What secrets do I have to share about the trends in 2015 fall fashion? Think first about colors that will be important this coming season, then think about fabrics that will make your wardrobe feel fresh and updated.
I recently returned from Dallas where the Doncaster FAB Forum presented our new collection that “rocked the runway” and those of us who bring it to you!
Our take on the pantone color of the year “marsala,” is reflected in a wonderful shade, called antique ruby that is beautiful, savory, strong and sexy!
It is a rich color – BOLD enough to replace your black, and you will be noticed as the one “in the know.”
Other new hues for fall include:
- Peony, a new shade of fuchsia
- Celedon, the perfect fall light green
- Flame and carmine, for red lovers everywhere
- Olive, a deep rich hue
- Light and dark chocolate,
- Terracotta, for you redheads and blondes,
- Blue bird, a beautiful bright color for everyone
- Neutrals: Winter white, black and heather charcoal
- Black and white are ALWAYS best sellers
Important Trends of the fall 2015 season include:
- Patterned and textured jacquards, a fabric of intricate variegated weave or pattern generally in the same color way
- Soft prints and palettes – a continuation of spring where all contemporary designers had silks in their collections
- Couture sport – bringing athletic wear into ready to wear
- Patterns remain important: floral prints, hounds-tooth, abstract reptile, irregular check and maze prints
- Novelty jacquard jeans and trousers are a fresh look.
- Capes, ponchos and long vests
With rich colors, luxury fabrics and glamorous styles, the Doncaster fall 2015 Collection will have you looking on trend and fabulous when the air turns cold.
Remember what Harry Winston said, “People are going to stare, make it worth their while.”
Salli Ward, a 2015 Top 100 Woman, is a wardrobe stylist and president of Wonderful Wardrobes. She has built her personal stylist business to help hundreds of women look and feel wonderful about how they look and dress. She also has taught many women how to present a polished and professional image. Feel free to contact her and ask her your fashion questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 410-654-2459 or 410-428-5566. Visit her website at www.salliward-doncaster.com.
|This article is featured in The Daily Record’s Path To Excellence: A Woman’s Guide To Business. The mission of the Path to Excellence magazine is to give our readers the opportunity to meet successful women of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs and learn how they define success. Read more from Path to Excellence.|