Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Md. customers can file for unused Radio Shack gift cards

Md. customers can file for unused Radio Shack gift cards

Listen to this article

Maryland consumers who have gift cards for the former electronics retailer Radio Shack can file claims to recover unused balances, Attorney General Brian E. Frosh announced Thursday.

Marylanders can go to to fill out and submit a claim form, either electronically or by mail. Consumers may also call 844-794-3477 to have a claim form mailed to them.

The claims process is part of a settlement agreement previously approved in the U.S. Bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware, and supported by 24 states and the District of Columbia.

Founded in 1921, Radio Shack filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in February, and many of its stores were either sold or closed soon after.

Consumers who file a claim for an unredeemed gift card that they purchased or received as a gift will be reimbursed the outstanding balance on the card. Cards acquired through other means, such as a product exchange, customer service dispute or warranty refund, will likely receive a smaller percentage of the balance of the card. Claims must be filed by December 2, 2016.

Networking Calendar

Submit an entry for the business calendar