William J. Murphy, a Baltimore partner with Zuckerman Spaeder LLC, was named Lawyer of Year in legal malpractice law and seven other firm lawyers were recognized in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
Zuckerman Spaeder Baltimore attorneys were recognized in 15 categories, including seven attorneys in commercial litigation and five attorneys in white-collar criminal defense. Across all of the firm’s offices, 30 attorneys were recognized in 26 categories and three were named a Lawyer of the Year
Recognized from the Baltimore office were:
- William J. Murphy — Appellate practice, bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, white-collar criminal defense, ethics and professional responsibility law, legal malpractice law
- Cyril V. Smith — Commercial litigation, health care law, legal malpractice law, ERISA litigation
- Daniel P. Moylan — Commercial litigation, legal malpractice law
- Gregg L. Bernstein — White-collar criminal defense
- Herbert Better — Arbitration, bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, white-collar criminal defense, mediation
- John J. Connolly — Appellate practice, commercial litigation
- Martin S. Himeles Jr. — Bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, white-collar criminal defense, securities litigation
- Robert T. Shaffer — Commercial litigation, construction litigation, labor and employment litigation, real estate litigation
Information in Movers and Shakers is provided by the submitter. To submit a Movers and Shakers item, visit https://thedailyrecord.com/movers/.