Jeffrey Wothers, a partner with the law firm Niles, Barton & Wilmer LLP, has been named chair of the board of directors at Carroll Hospital, a LifeBridge Health center.
Wothers has been a member of the hospital’s board since 2009 and was previously the board’s vice chair. As chair, he also will serve on the Carroll Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees.
A lawyer practicing for nearly 30 years, Wothers concentrates his practice on in insurance coverage litigation, property insurance law, business law and commercial litigation in Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York and the District of Columbia.
In addition, Del. Susan Krebs, R-Carroll County was appointed chair of the Carroll Hospice Board of Trustees, as well as a new member of the Carroll Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees. A member of the Maryland House of Delegates since 2003, Krebs has been a strong supporter of the hospital and Carroll Hospice. She most recently served as the vice chair of hospice’s board.
Wothers and Del. Krebs were among several individuals who were appointed to the Carroll Hospital Board of Directors, Carroll Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees and Carroll Hospice Board of Trustees. All will begin their posts on July 1. The following is a list of additional appointees:
On the Carroll Hospital Board of Directors:
- Martin K.P. Hill has been appointed interim vice chair. A member of the Board since 2011, Hill is president of Woodhaven Building & Development, Inc.
- Helen W. Whitehead has been appointed secretary. Whitehead is currently the president of Whitehead Coaching, LLC, and previously served as the hospital’s Board chair.
- Alec Yeo has been appointed as a new member. He is the owner of The Goddard School in Eldersburg.
- Tom Zirpoli, Ph.D., has been appointed as a new member. He is president and CEO of Target Community and Educational Services and a professor at McDaniel College.
- Stanley H. “Jack” Tevis has been appointed as a new member, effective October 1. A longtime supporter of Carroll Hospital, Tevis is the owner of S.H. Tevis and Son Inc., and has previously served as chair of the Carroll Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees.
On the Carroll Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees:
- Terri Lyons has been appointed as a board member. She is the vice president of Tipco Technologies, Inc., and has supported the hospital since 2005.
- Barry Levin has been appointed as a board member. He is chair of the LifeBridge Health Board of Directors and the managing partner and CEO of Saul Ewing, LLP.
- On the Carroll Hospice Board of Trustees:
- Ann Bollinger has been appointed vice chair of the Carroll Hospice Board of Trustees. A supporter of the hospital since 2007, Bollinger works as commercial producer at Barnes-Bollinger Insurance Services, Inc.
- Todd Herring has been appointed as a new board member. Market director of Pivot Physical Therapy, he has been a supporter of the hospital and Carroll Hospice for close to 25 years.
- John Middleton, M.D., also has been appointed a board member. He is the medical director of Carroll Hospice and has been a supporter of the hospital and Carroll Hospice since 1990.