Eleven solar power companies in Maryland made Solar Power World’s 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list, which ranks the companies by the power capacity of projects they reported installing, developing or helping to build in 2016 in the United States and its territories.
Of the 11 companies, six are classified as residential contractors; the rest are commercial. The highest-ranking commercial contractor and highest-ranked Maryland firm was Standard Solar of Rockville, which placed 95th on the list and reported work on 14.64 megawatts. Solar Energy World of Elkridge led Maryland residential contractors, placing 111th and reporting 10.5 megawatts.
The other companies recognized, their rank on the list, and the power capacity of projects each company reported are:
- Bithenergy of Baltimore, 122nd place, 9 megawatts;
- Got Electric of Gaithersburg, 181st place, 4.815 megawatts;
- American Sentry Solar of Bel Air, 200th place, 3.9 megawatts;
- Edgew00d-based Simply Solar Of Maryland, 260th place, 2.1 megawatts;
- SolarGaines of Baltimore, 268th place, 1.927 megawatts;
- Renewable Energy Corp. of Timonium, 408th place, 630 kilowatts;
- Maryland Solar Solutions of Owings Mills, 416th place, 570 kilowatts;
- Ultra Solar & Wind Solutions of Ocean City, 432nd place, 450 kilowatts;
- and Eco Solar Solutions of Elkton, 482nd place, 246 kilowatts.