Quantcast

[Back to 2018 VIP Winners list]

Raf Olazagasti

Vice President, District Manager
Wells Fargo Bank

olazagasti-rafmf04Ruth Tyler’s home was severely damaged by flooding in Old Ellicott City during the 2016 floods. An elderly woman, she needed help making repairs.

Raf Olazagasti stepped in with a team of 14 volunteers from Wells Fargo and Rebuilding Together, where he is a project lead.

They replaced her gutters, repaired and repainted the exterior foundation, waterproofed the crawl space where leaking had occurred and re-landscaped in the front and back.

Olazagasti has helped with many such projects at Rebuilding Together, and he helped secure $35,000 in funding to rebuild Old Ellicott City in the past two years.

At Wells Fargo, he supervises more than 115 employees.

“Raf is a passionate leader within Wells Fargo who leads by example every day,” said Monica Mitchell, Wells Fargo vice president of Community Relations and Corporate Responsibility. “He takes pride in coaching and developing his team members and places a priority on instilling the value of both professional and community involvement to his team members.”

Olazagasti also serves as the chair for the Wells Fargo Latin Connection Team Member Network in Maryland, and under his leadership the chapter has grown by more than 300 percent. It provides diverse team members with opportunities for professional and personal development.

Olazagasti is active in financial literacy education. This year, he received the Student Engagement Award from Woodland JobCorp for his financial literacy work with them over five years. He also works with the Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and La Comunidad Hispana for financial literacy.

He earned his master’s in Business Administration from the University of Baltimore and a bachelor’s from Towson University.

[Back to 2018 VIP Winners list]