Quantcast

[Back to 2018 VIP Winners list]

Robert Reynolds

Paramedic/Firefighter, Program Manager
Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Aviation Administration

reynolods-robertmf3Robert Reynolds leveraged his clinical experience and leadership skills to enhance a program that is saving lives at two major Maryland airports.

Reynolds helped expand and now manages the Access Defibrillation Program at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and Martin State Airport and buildings owned by the Maryland Department of Transportation. The program increased the out-of-hospital cardiac arrest survival rate far above the national average.

“I was able to save lives on a much more grander scale and be able to work with my peers to put clinical experience with policy experience to accomplish this achievement,” Reynolds said.

Since 2009, he has worked for the Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Aviation Administration. He earned his associate’s degree in Emergency Medical Services from Anne Arundel Community College, holds many emergency response certifications and is pursuing a nursing degree.

In his current position, he teaches CPR to hundreds of students. He was recognized in 2016 with the Life-Saving Award for going above and beyond to save the life of a woman choking at the airport.

“Those in public safety do not always get recognized and being committed to your passion is a must, in my case saving lives,” he said.

He is a member of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Steering Committee for the Maryland Institute for Medical Services and is on the Safety Committee for the Maryland Department of Transportation. He volunteered at the Anne Arundel Fire Department from 2002-2006.

He also assists with the Maryland Charity Campaign at the Maryland Department of Transportation, which raised more than $20,000 this year.

Every Christmas, Reynolds participates in an annual toy drive with his colleagues and distributes them to needy kids in the Baltimore community.

“This is the most rewarding time of year for me because I believe this to be the most important childhood memories for children,” Reynolds said.

[Back to 2018 VIP Winners list]